• Home
  • Alnwick Town v Stockton Town FC

Alnwick Town v Stockton Town FC

  • EBAC Northern League Division 2

    Sat, Nov 5, 2016,
    Alnwick Town
    Stockton Town FC


[rev_slider slider37]



After two consecutive defeats Stockton got back to winning ways, with a 4-1 win at Alnwick Town in our first ever visit to the Northumberland club.

This was an important game for the Club and the starting line up saw the only change being Michael Arthur taking over in goal from Liam Jordan.

The opening minutes of the game saw Chris Stockton causing the Alnwick defence all sorts of problems, his fine cross saw Kallum Hannah's first time shot saved on the line by Dominic McMahon in the Alnwick goal.

Another piece of indecision in the Alnwick defence allowed the ball to run through to Joe Carter who drilled the ball across the face of goal and just wide. There was an early change for Stockton when Joe Scaife Wheatley had to leave the field and Stav Roberts took his place in the centre of the field.

Alnwick’s rare exploit up front with a looping header from the edge of the box from Joshua Hay  hit the top of the bar and over for a goal kick.

The deadlock was broken after 30 minutes, again some indecision in the Alnwick defence allowed the ball to Kallum Hannah unmarked at the far post and the striker made no mistake in beating McMahon by the post.

Stockton were dominating possession but couldn't find a second before the break despite efforts from Dunwell, Stockton Hannah and Carter,  Stockton had to settle for a 1-0 halftime lead.

Stockton started the second half pushing forward from the start and Hannah almost doubled the lead with a shot that was well saved by McMahon and Kevin Hayes down the left was become an ever increasing attacking threat.

Stockton's momentum was halted for a while as there was a lengthy stoppage after a goalmouth scramble, with Hannah, defender Lee Dundas and the keeper McMahon, leaving the keeper lying in the penalty area, needing several minutes of treatment, but he seemed non the worse for wear once back on his feet.

The second Stockton goal arrived after 64 minutes another Stockton corner, Adam Nicholson won the first header with Tom Coulthard turning the ball into the net from close range.

Stockton's third goal came after Chris Stockton, who was a thorn in the side of the Alnwick defence all afternoon burst down the left wing and from the byline pulled the ball back,  the perfect cross  to Kallum Hannah saw him sweep his left footed effort into the far corner on 71 minutes for his second goal of the game.

Kallum Hannah has been in inspired form over recent weeks.
Kallum Hannah has been in inspired form over recent weeks.

Alnwick hadn't given up hope however and they got a consolation goal after 75 minutes, with a breakaway down the wing by Matthew Graham, his cross into a crowded penalty area fell for Hay to fire past Michael Arthur from 15 yards.

Back came Stockton though to grab their fourth after 77 minutes, this time the provider was Kevin Hayes, he took the ball to the bye line beating two men as he went and his un-defendable cross found Hannah at the far post to turn the ball into the net to complete his hat trick.

Kevin Hayes set up Kallum Hannah for his hat trick and is growing in confidence each week.
Kevin Hayes set up Kallum Hannah for his hat trick and is growing in confidence each week.

The fourth goal seemed to break Alnwicks will and Stockton then had almost  all the play and could have won by more but McMahon was equal to everything Stockton threw at him. In the closing stages Joe Carter fired a goal bound shot that the keeper managed to turn round for a corner before the referee blew for full time.

A good performance to end a difficult week and one we won't ever forget I suspect.

Scroll to Top