• Home
  • Holker Old Boys v Stockton Town FC

Holker Old Boys v Stockton Town FC

  • FA Vase

    Sat, Oct 22, 2016, Round 1
    Holker Old Boys
    Stockton Town FC


[rev_slider slider32]



Stockton Town travelled to Cumbria, and came back from Holker Old Boys, with a 2-1 win to move into the 2nd Round of the FA Vase.

Stockton went into the tie still without Matthew Garbutt, James Crossman and Danny O Brien due to injury and Alan Cossavella and Chris Stockton to holiday commitments.

This was an end to end cup tie, with little between the sides, but one we fell we edged. Adam Nicholson had an early chance to put Stockton ahead, but he headed the ball just wide in the early minutes.

In the next attack Holker went close as Jamie Pattinson fired wide. When the deadlock was broken it was a goal that would of graced any match. Tony Johnson picked up the ball on the right and played a neat one two with Kallum Hannah, Johnson then played infield to Joe Scaife Wheatley  who placed the ball through two defenders for Kallum Hannah to race onto and fire a low shot past Jaroslow Bitner in the Holker goal, for a Stockton lead on 14 minutes.

Kallum Hannah had a great chance to double the score the ball went the wrong side of the post with Bitner well beaten.

Half time came with Stockton in a deserved 1 0 lead.

The second half started with a bang,  Holker pushed players forward and they were rewarded with an equalising goal after 47 minutes, the Stockton defence failed to clear a ball from the right, they allowed Pattinson to much room as he fired the ball past Liam Jordan.

The scores were level for only 5 minutes as Stockton came roaring back, Fred Woodhouse took the ball to the bye line and crossed the ball for Joe Scaife Wheatley to volley the ball past Bitner.

Holker’s John Paul Stannay brought a fine save from Jordan, while at the other end Tony Johnson was one on one with Bitner but the Holker keeper narrowed the angle, Johnson put the ball past the keeper but the ball went into the side netting.

Stannay who had several runs and was Holker’s best player raced across the penalty area beating several defenders, with Nicholson pushing him wide, but Stannay managed to shoot towards goal but Jordan managed to hold onto the ball.

That was to be the last chance Holker had, but Stockton’s captain Stephen Roberts fired at Bitner in the closing stages, as Stockton held on for a fine win over a good Holker side.

Scroll to Top