• Home
  • Ashington FC v Stockton Town FC

Ashington FC v Stockton Town FC

  • Northern Premier League East Division

    Sat, Oct 7, 2023,
    Ashington FC
    Stockton Town FC


Stockton Town produced a clinical second half performance to take all three points at Ashington.

Elliott Beddow opened the scoring before Michael Sweet added a quick second. Substitute Kev Hayes scored the third and Tom Coulthard headed in the fourth.

Unfortunately the Anchors did not leave with a clean sheet when Wilson Kneeshaw converted a consolation.

Aside from the goals and performance, the best part of the game came when Shane Henry returned to action. The ‘Bull’ who had been out of action since April came on in the 85th minute much to the delight of the travelling Anchors.

The Anchors, without manager Michael Dunwell in the dug-out, were unchanged from the side that beat North Ferriby the week prior.

Stockton had their first inside the opening two minutes when Sweet had an effort blocked but it narrowly evaded Beddow who slid in.

Another chance came shortly after the quarter hour mark Beddow darted down the right wing cut it back to Glen Butterworth who had his shot blocked.

Beddow was again involved when he the ball cut back to him but his half-volley went over.

Another few half chances fell Stockton’s way. First Stephen Thompson had a rocket blocked and the half closed out with a tame header from Coulthard.

Half Time: Ashington 0-4 Stockton Town

The opening goal came ten minutes into the second half when Beddow was rewarded for his hard work. He was played in and expertly tucked home past Karl Dryden.

They doubled their lead just after the hour mark when Mikey Roberts was found in the box and unselfishly squared it to Sweet to tap home.

Although he had a quiet day, Callum Roberts remained alert to deny a point blank chance in the final 15 minutes.

Unfortunately for Beddow his game ended with him limping off the pitch in 81st minute. There was then best part of the game when Henry made his return following over a year on the sideline.

Stockton continued to enjoy their day with two further goals. First substitute Kev Hayes finished off a slick move for the third. Then Coulthard capped off an excellent when he headed in a fourth from a freekick.

There would be only one blot on the Anchors copybook at the end. Kneeshaw darted away from a few defenders before finishing emphatically to end any hopes of a clean sheet.

Full Time: Ashington 1-4 Stockton Town

Scroll to Top