- Why did you first join the academy program at SSFA?
It was something I took an early interest in as it allowed me the chance to continue playing football every day and competing at a strong level. The college was easy to get to as live nearby and the fact I could continue my football whilst I went made it great to attend.
- Do you feel the academy program helped in your progression into the First team this season?
Yes it meant I could get noticed within the club as I got to know the coaches and I feel that helped me be seen and eventually get my opportunity. It also helped me having good training every day and the full program made me stronger as a footballer.
- Would you recommend the Academy program to young footballers going to college?
Absolutely. Its very enjoyable and if you are wanting to keep playing football it is the perfect chance to keep playing alongside your studies.
- How do you feel the link between STFC and SSFA helps the pathway for young players?
Yes the buildings are same site and same people running the programs
The fact both the club and the college are in the same place is the only program I know about in the area and that makes the link really strong. It is the same people working at both the academy and the football club so it means anyone doing well in the college team will be noticed for STFC.
- How did it feel making your debut for the first team this season?
It was very exciting to be part of it. I felt I played well when I got my chance to get on the pitch and the manager seemed happy with how I played. It shows the progression I’ve made and I hope I get more opportunity to keep showing what I can do.
- What are your aims and ambitions for your football in the coming seasons?
Covid has made things difficult to know what to expect moving forwards but I am keen to keep playing at the highest level I can. I think I can make it to a strong level in none league football and if I keep improving, I feel I can break through.
- You have been part of the successful JPL U18s side at STFC this season, would you recommend this pathway to other players coming through in the area?
It has been a very high standard to play at this season and our squad was really strong. It is difficult to think of a higher standard to play in the area outside of the pro game so would really recommend it to any players looking to test themselves as high as they can. The number of players training with our first team from our U18s squad shows the value in playing for the team.