• Home
  • Horden CW FC v Stockton Town FC

Horden CW FC v Stockton Town FC

  • Wearside Football League

    Sat, Apr 11, 2015,
    Horden CW FC
    Stockton Town FC


Stockton Town travelled to Horden CW for this Wearside League fixture knowing that 8 more points will secure their 3rd consecutive League Title.

Horden would provide a tough test as they have been competing at the top of the League all season despite a recent poor run. It was obvious once we arrived that the wind would have a huge impact on the game as it was blowing straight down the Ground.

In goal Stocktons Michael Arthur was unavailable so Liam Jordan once again replaced him, for Horden ex Wolviston Goalkeeper Christopher Davidson was suspended so David Garside stood in.

With the strong wind behind them Horden took the lead after 8 minutes, the wind took Chris Tarn's shot into the far corner of the net from his right wing cross,  the ball deceived everybody as it flew across the goalmouth and in at the far post.

Stockton for the most part were controlling the game and they had a number of half chance without troubling Horden’s keeper.

Stockton were not going to be denied however and equalised after 21 minutes, Macaulay Langstaff won the ball in the left midfield position, beat his marker outside the area and crossed for Matthew Garbutt, he laid the ball in front of Max Craggs who made no mistake from the edge of the box with his low shot beating Garside in Horden’s goal.

Max Craggs fired Stockton level.
Max Craggs fired Stockton level.

The teams weren’t level for long though as Horden regained the lead, the wind again played a part in the after 29 minutes, with the ball swerving around the ball from Garside’s clearance, the ball bounced and  eventually fell to Luke Wilson who curled the ball into the net from 15 yards.

Stockton were determined to get on level terms and were out 3 minutes before Horden appeared for the second half.

It took only 2 minutes for this to happen, Kallum Hannah took the ball from Daniel Flounders after putting under pressure and raced towards goal down the left channel before firing past Garside left footed for his 50th goal of the season.

A minute later Stockton were in front for the first time in this game, with a wind assisted goal of our own, Macaulay Langstaff won the ball down the left side after great Stockton pressure. Macca raced into the box and his cross come shot flew into the far corner of the net.

Stockton were now well on top in this game and that man Kallum Hannah sealed the points with a 30 yard shot after 62 minutes. A long clearance from Stockton found Hannah nipping in front of the Horden centre half to take control of the ball and taking one touch out of his feet smashed an unstoppable volley into the bottom left corner of the net that flew past Garside, this takes Hannah's record to 119 goals in 119 appearances.

Kallum Hannah scored a tremendous 4th Stockton goal from 30 yards giving the Horden keeper no chance.
Kallum Hannah scored a tremendous 4th Stockton goal from 30 yards giving the Horden keeper no chance.

Stockton now need 5 points to win the title from the 7 games left this season and next up are Hartlepool FC on Wednesday evening at home, kick off 6 30pm.

Scroll to Top