As you will no doubt be aware, we have received notification from The FA to advise that our 2020-21 EBAC Northern League season has been curtailed. This in effect tells us that no more football will be played this season in our League. While this news had been expected we are still left feeling extremely frustrated, given that this follows last season’s Null & Void decision.
The FA’s statement has left the door open to the possible restructure of Non-League Football and the ambition of our Football Club remains undiminished. We very much hope to be in a position to take any opportunities that may arise if or when the restructure does take place.
The success of our Football Club is due to the part we all play – volunteers, spectators, sponsors, players and management – this comprehensive approach will be more important than ever over the coming weeks and months. You are all the lifeblood of the Club and we cannot express concisely enough our appreciation of your efforts. While many of us have questioned aspects of how decisions have been derived and how football in general has been managed over the last twelve months we have to as a group accept where we are and ensure we are able to maintain our Club’s development.
As Chairman of Stockton Town, I would like to thank you all for your loyalty, commitment, patience and understanding. The countless offers of support over recent months, that has come in many different forms and from many people, has been overwhelming, and again would like to thank you as it is really appreciated.
Before we can move forward with next season’s Season Card sales, we need to deal with the outstanding issue of this season’s unattended games due to the curtailment. As you will be aware the Club played 7 of its scheduled 19 home league games and the restrictions placed upon us meant that we lost a great deal of income with no ‘pay on the gate’ spectators and little or no secondary income.
The Football Club would like to offer the opportunity for any Season Card holder, if required, to claim a refund for the unfulfilled games. The Club played 7 of its scheduled 19 home League games and the figures below are a reflection of the games played and the refund applicable;
Early Bird Adult Season Card – £65
Early Bird Concession Season Card – £55
Full Price Adult Season Card – £75
Full Price Concession Season Card – £50
Junior Season Cards – Rolled over for the entire 21/22 Season
• To claim your refund please ensure you get in touch with us by 5pm on Friday 26th March. In order for us to plan financially for next Season, we will not be accepting late applications for refunds. If we do not hear from you by then, we will assume you have waived your refund and have chosen to become a Gold Season Card Holder as detailed below. Contact us via;
• Email to email@example.com and include the following details to allow us to process your refund or if you prefer or have not provided an email address, you should drop off the following information to Club Office or place in the secure post box next to office door between 10am – 3pm Monday to Friday. (If you wish to claim a refund for more than one Season Card please ensure all details are listed for each Season Card)
Season Card No –
Name Registered on Bank Account –
Bank Account No –
Sort Code –
Alternatively, if you are in a position to waive your refund this would go a long way to helping ensure the first-team squad remains as strong as possible and allow us to budget for future seasons accordingly. Our revenues have been decimated during the pandemic while our outgoings have continued, providing us with a whole host of challenges however the support we have received from our supporters and sponsors so far has been simply incredible.
If as a Season Card holder, you wish to help the Club in this way, the Club would like to offer the following additional benefits for all those that take up this option;
• Status as a Gold Season Card Holder, to remain in place while you maintain your Season Card.
• A guarantee that your Season Card price will be fixed at 2020/21 prices for at least the next 3 years.
• 1st priority on Ground access if crowd restrictions are reintroduced in any future seasons.
• 1st priority on any future Cup Ticket purchases.
If you wish to take this option, you do not need to do anything at the moment. When the options to purchase future Season’s Season Cards are released your status will be recognised and will be applied on each subsequent renewal.
Information on 2021-22 season tickets will be released once the above process has been completed.
Finally, I can confirm that planning has begun in earnest for a return to football and the commencement of the 2021-22 Season – we will keep you updated of further information as it becomes available. We are hopeful of and are planning for unrestricted crowds from the outset and are looking forward to welcoming you all back to the MAP Group UK Stadium supporting your team once again.